R 261653Z MAY 16
FM CNO WASHINGTON DC
SUBJ/PHYSICAL READINESS PROGRAM UPDATE #3. PHYSICAL READINESS INFORMATION
REF/B/MSG/CNO WASHINGTON DC/031159ZAUG15//
REF/C/MSG/CNO WASHINGTON DC/091538ZMAR16//
NARR/REF A IS OPNAVINST 6110.1J, PHYSICAL READINESS PROGRAM. REF B IS
NAVADMIN 178/15, PHYSICAL READINESS PROGRAM POLICY CHANGES. REF C IS
NAVADMIN 061/16, IMPLEMENTATION OF PHYSICAL READINESS PROGRAM POLICY CHANGES
RMKS/1. The Navy has been working hard to implement changes as part of the new physical fitness assessment (PFA) policy per references (a) through (c). This NAVADMIN outlines and clarifies changes to the Physical Readiness Information Management System (PRIMS), the official database for PFA data, and provides direction for its use effective Cycle 1, 2016.
2. The PRIMS is being reprogrammed to reflect changes within the Physical Readiness Program, to facilitate the capture of all PFA data and to ensure the security and integrity of the database. PRIMS functionality is being updated using a phased approach. The first phase is planned for release at the beginning of Cycle 2, 2016. This phase will give CFLs the ability to enter PFA data and allow Sailors to view their PFA data. Changes include:
a. Physical readiness test (PRT) performance categories.
b. Abdominal circumference measurements to the body composition assessment.
c. Graduated body fat percentages by age.
d. Command fitness leader (CFL) recertification requirements.
3. For Cycle 1, 2016:
a. Sailors should continue to complete a paper copy of the Physical Activity Risk Factor Questionnaire (PARFQ) (NAVPERS Form 6110/3). CFLs should retain paper copies for a minimum of five years. The requirement to enter PARFQs into PRIMS is rescinded for Cycle 1, 2016 only. However, entering PARFQs for Cycle 1, 2016 is strongly encouraged.
b. It is the responsibility of individual Sailors to obtain medical clearance for participation in the PRT. Completed PARFQ and medical waiver/clearance forms are required to be turned into your CFL. The new PARFQ and medical clearance/waiver forms are available for download at http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/support/21st_Century_Sailor/physical/Pages/default2.aspx.
4. CFLs must ensure all PFA score sheets are maintained in hard copy for future input into PRIMS. Official PFA score sheets must be retained at the command for a period of five years. CFLs should not place any Sailors transferring from their command into a transfer status in PRIMS until their PFA data is entered into the system. CFLs must provide all transferring Sailors with copies of their score sheets or a signed Navy Memorandum containing their PFA information. Sailors are responsible for providing the score sheets or Navy memorandum to the CFL at their next duty station.
5. The remaining phases will increase CFLs ability to generate different reports, Fitness Enhancement Program functionality and planned for completion prior to the end of FY-16.
6. CFLs are strongly encouraged to visit the Navys Physical Readiness Program website at http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/support/21st_Century_Sailor/physical/Pages/default2.aspx for updates during this phased roll-out of PRIMS.
7. Point of contact is Mr. William G. Moore, N170B, and can be reached at (901) 874-2210/DSN 882 or via e-mail at PRIMS(-at-)navy.mil.
8. Released by Vice Admiral W. F. Moran, N1.//